Thursday, June 7, 2007

Services

If you are thinking you might be interested in hiring me to be your doula, please contact me, and we can schedule a consultation face to face. This is at no cost or obligation to you, and it will give us a chance to meet, in person, so you can decide if I am a good fit for you and your family. I encourage all pregnant moms to interview at least three doulas before making a decision.

Once hired, I provide 2-3 prenatal visits. I am also available to you by phone or email to answer questions outside of our appointment times. Some things that we might do during our visits are:
  • Map out a birth plan
  • Discuss comfort measures that might work for you
  • Practice relaxation techniques
  • Talk about previous birth experiences and attitudes
  • Ask and answer questions
  • Pamper you with a hand massage or foot soak

Two weeks before your due date I will be "on call" and ready to go 24/7. As soon as you go into labor, I am able to come and assist whenever you would like. Some moms want help laboring at home, while others want to meet at the hospital. I will stay with you until 1-2 hours after the baby is born, making sure that your needs are attended to before I leave.

We will have at least one post-natal visit in your home within two weeks after the baby is born. This allows us to discuss the birth, and I can answer any questions you might have about breastfeeding, newborn care, sibling adjustment, etc. During that visit I can also assist you with any tasks that you might need help with, so that you are able to enjoy your time with baby.

I am able to attend hospital births in Corvallis, Salem and McMinnville (Oregon) and home births anywhere in the Willamette Valley. If you live outside of these areas, and are interested in hiring a doula, feel free to contact me as I may be available or can refer you to someone who is closer to you. Please email me for information about my rates.

No comments: