Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Welcome to Sweet Peas!

Welcome! I have decided to create this blog to document my profession as a doula, while also opening up a forum to discuss a variety of topics related to pregnancy, birth, breastfeeding and parenting. Information is power when it comes to developing ideas about how we want our own birth and parenting experiences to be like, and I think that everyone should feel empowered and confident to make the decisions that will be best for their own family. I named my business after the pet names I have for my two little boys, John and Charlie. They are my inspiration for all of the birth work that I do.

Check back soon to read more about what doulas do and about what services I provide.

4 comments:

kg said...

Amy, I love it! I am so proud of you, can't wait to read more...

Jensen Five said...

This looks awesome, Amy!

Ditto Family said...

LOVE IT!!! I'm excited for the doula future!

co•lin fam•i•ly said...

This is great and I love the soft backgound, your picture at the top is so cute! I still wish you were closer to me in August!